How it Works
Sign up for a free account to create your first post.
Participate in discussions & build your tribe.
Discover curated content to accelerate your growth.
The Innovation Space for Entrepreneurs
Every entrepreneur has an aha moment that sparks his/her greatest ideas. That aha moment is usually followed with a lot of questions, uncertainty, and untested assumptions that all have the potential to drive you nuts or lead you to abandon it altogether.
At Ideastag, we are curating a community of entrepreneurs with diverse backgrounds who want to innovate and ideate together to spark epiphanies & launch businesses.
Entrepreneurship Meets Acceleration
Whether you are ideating, starting, or scaling up your business, join a community that gets it because they’re doing the exact same thing. Build conviction around your ideas, ask for feedback, get answers to your questions, seek mentorship, plot your course, refine your plans, and announce the launch of your business.
Tap into a supportive community at every stage of your journey, starting at the idea stage. You never know when you will run into your next business partner, mentor, or sound advice that saves you time and money on your next venture.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I develop and improve my ideas on Ideastag?
Sign up and create a post to get started. Posting your idea, which parts you choose to share, and what you want to discuss is ultimately up to you. We made creating a post similar to an empty canvas on purpose to give you the flexibility to customize it for what you need. Every question and instinct can be explored, validated, or built upon in the community.
Your post will show up on the homepage and the more upvotes it gets, the more it will be seen by members of the community.
To get the most out of your post, you should:
- consider carefully what you are trying to gauge
- create a clear and concise post that is easy to read and understand
- ask specific questions to allow other users to engage with your post
- respond to users who give you feedback
Examples of what to gauge by posting about your idea:
- Test the market potential, demand, and readiness for your idea. Will people pay for it? Is there a customer base for your idea? Do people need it now?
- Find out specific pain points that your idea solves. Talking to people might bring new issues to the forefront that you might have otherwise ignored.
- Ask specific questions about others’ experiences with possible competitors. If you have already identified a competitor, talking to their customer base will help you establish better positioning for your new business.
- Validate a business concept. Test out your own business concept or ask questions that help you transform an idea into a profitable business.
- Evaluate details such as features, product or service details, strategies, or implementation options. Draft a post with the details you want to test and gather feedback to tweak and bullet-proof your business idea before getting to work.
Keep in mind, you are crafting a post to spark meaningful conversations around your idea. In addition to idea validation, the conversations started can further develop or improve your ideas faster than when done in isolation.
Is there a cost to using Ideastag?
No, Ideastag is a free platform. By signing up, you can create posts, gather valuable feedback, advice or insights, gain access to discussions, follow other entrepreneurs, and connect with them privately.
Is this a community for tech startups?
While most platforms are focused on building communities that are directly geared towards tech startups, we aim to be inclusive of all types of businesses and entrepreneurs.
There are tech communities, startup communities, small business communities; Ideastag is the place that gathers them all to cultivate insights and feedback for the real world from people as diverse as the real world.
Our goal is innovation and helping entrepreneurs innovate together. Breaking the boundaries between how different communities approach problems is bound to open up new perspectives that you can’t find in hyper-targeted, niche communities.
Instead, we are hoping to attract people who all have one goal in mind: to innovate, ideate, and build better businesses than what is already out there.
Should I only work on ideas that don’t already exist?
The short answer is: no.
Here is why:
Business ideas don’t need to be completely disruptive. Ideas can simply be a modification of an existing business or an addition of a new feature that serves a need that has been ignored by others.
There is room for innovation and modernization in almost all existing businesses. Entrepreneurs that have a high capacity for listening, observing, and taking in feedback are often more successful, which is why we created this platform.
By getting feedback from individuals outside your immediate circles, you can build on an existing idea, refine your execution plan, and create a business that serves the needs of consumers in a way other businesses haven’t approached before. Even if it’s just collecting ideas for how to position your business in the market.